Coronor Releases New Details About Clinton’s Alleged Suicide Tarmac Reporter Christopher Sign

Coronor Releases New Details About Clinton’s Alleged Suicide Tarmac Reporter Christopher Sign

Over the weekend, we reported that Christopher Sign, the reporter who told the story of Bill Clinton secretly meeting Loretta Lynch on an asphalt road in Phoenix in 2016, had been found dead in an alleged suicide. Now the coroner has revealed new details about his death.

The coroner’s report comes out

The Jefferson County coroner/medical examiner stated that Sign, 45, was found dead at his home in Hoover at 8:14 am on Saturday, June 12, 2021.

According to the coroner’s report, Sign was found dead by relatives, according to The Trussville Tribune. Although the cause of death has not yet been released, Hoover police believe it was a suicide.

Back Story: Christopher Sign, Journalist Who Discovered Bill Clinton’s Secret Tarmac Encounter With Loretta Lynch, Death Of Apparent Suicide

“Knowing Chris was loving Chris,” ABC 33/40, where Sign worked before his death, said in a statement Saturday. “His family was the most important thing in his life, which is why he finally returned to ABC 33/40 four years ago.”

“Chris was a great leader in our newsroom,” ABC continued 33/40. “He worked daily with our reporters, but also worked behind the scenes with the I-Team and with news managers on coverage of major events.”

ABC 33/40 Vice President & General Manager Eric Land paid tribute to Sign in a private statement, saying: “Our deepest sympathy is shared with Christopher’s loving family and close friends. We have lost a respected colleague who [sic] indelible imprint will forever serve as a mark of decency, honesty and journalistic integrity. We can only hope to continue his legacy. May his memory be a blessing.”

Sign’s Clinton Tarmac Story

Sign is the reporter who told the story of Clinton and Lynch meeting secretly on a tarmac in 2016. It was believed that their discussion centered on an ongoing investigation into whether Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while the Secretary of State was illegal.

Both Clinton and Lynch tried to portray the conversation as just a friendly conversation, but eyebrows were raised when just days later the FBI chose not to file criminal charges against Hillary, who was in the midst of her presidential campaign, according to the Daily Mail.

The investigation was reopened less than two weeks before the 2016 presidential election after emails were found on a laptop belonging to Anthony Weiner, the former congressman and husband of Clinton’s top aide, Huma Abedin.

Then-FBI Director James Comey sent a letter to Congress in late October announcing that the investigation had been reopened, and it was later closed just two days before the election. Hillary ultimately lost the election to Donald Trump, with some believing the timing of Comey’s letter to Congress may have cost her the presidency.

Who was Christopher Sign?

Sign grew up in Birmingham, Alabama, where he attended Carver High School and graduated from the University of West Alabama with a degree in journalism. In his youth, he played high school football at Carver High School. At age 13, he signed his first professional contract playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He then played college football as a defensive back for the University of West Alabama.

At 22 years old, Sign joined CBS News in New York City, where he worked as a reporter and news anchor until his death. While working for CBS, he anchored the weekday morning program “CBS This Morning” and served as a co-host of “60 Minutes II” and the network’s Sunday morning show “Early Show.” His career also included stints at NBC Nightly News, ABC World News Tonight, CNN, MSNBC and Fox News Channel.

He is survived by his wife, Kim; two sons, Christopher Jr., 18, and Michael, 10; his mother; and his father, Ray.

Reporting on The Clinton’s

Sign’s report also detailed how he uncovered the secret meeting between Lynch and Bill Clinton on June 27, 2016, at the Phoenix airport.

Lynch was travelling to Arizona from California to meet with former President Clinton. She was scheduled to speak at a fundraising event for the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles.

Sign’s sources told him that Lynch and Clinton spoke for nearly three hours inside a private room. They discussed the FBI’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private e-mail server as secretary of state.

Sign subsequently reported that Lynch informed Clinton that she would accept whatever recommendation the FBI made regarding charges against her.

Sign further reported that Lynch then left the meeting without telling anyone where she was going.

His sources told him that Lynch flew back to California the next day. The next morning, Lynch announced that she would be accepting the recommendations of the FBI’S Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) regarding the case.

That same day, Comey sent a letter to Congress stating that the FBI’s examination of Clinton’s personal e-mails had concluded that nothing new or actionable had emerged.

Comey closed the investigation saying that “no reasonable prosecutor would bring a case based on these facts …”

Sign’s reporting on the Clintons led to his being fired from CBS News in November 2017. Sign told the Washington Post at the time: “They just didn’t want to have anything to do with me anymore.”

The opinions of employees and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of MediaFrolic.

Source link


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin
Rachel Meadows

Rachel Meadows

Trending topics news writer who enjoys cooking, walking her dog and travel.

Related Posts

Enter our 

Las Vegas!

Luxury Resort Stay Giveaway